Pens working on Fleury deal
An unusually large number of picks from this year's draft are poised to make their respective teams.
Pittsburgh goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury, the first overall pick, has until 3 p.m. ET Monday to sign or else he will be forced to delay his NHL debut.
Negotiations with Fleury's agent, Allan Walsh, will likely go down to the wire as the Penguins try to keep payroll as low as possible. Walsh wouldn't give much detail, but told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that nothing had been completed as of Sunday night.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Sparo Pittsburgh Penguins Crusher Watch