Veteran suprised by team's approach
The Stars payroll slashing has not trickled down to Mike Modano, who will make at least $9 million this season.
Dallas Stars -- Dallas fans weren't the only ones disappointed in the Stars' sudden halt in free spending this summer.
Stars center Mike Modano suspects the claims of $40 million in losses by the Texas Rangers, which is also owned by Stars owner Tom Hicks, were to blame for cost-cutting that led to the departure of free agent defenseman Derian Hatcher to Detroit.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Bruins add NHL vet Sacco to coaching staff
- Eller agrees to 4-year deal with Canadiens
- Avalanche announce 2-year deal for O'Reilly
- Islanders, Poulin agree to one-year contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Ottawa Senators Succeed Red/Black Quarter-Zip Pullover Jacket