Despite physical and emotional pain, Barry Bonds keeps swinging away -- not for the sake of history or even a ring, but to honor the men who got him here.
- Everything hurts.
"I've played most of the season with a hamstring tear," Barry Bonds says. "My knees ache. My hands are done. Two bulging disks. My legs don't work. I make a strong throw, I feel it, all over, the rest of the game. Willie and my dad always said the thing that knocked them out of baseball would knock me out, too -- when the pain became too much."
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers talk state of team after rout
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Tiger 6 behind D. Johnson, 3 others at Doral
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's San Francisco Giants Black Signature Applique Hoodie