Iverson unable to maximize value
Allen Iverson will have to wait another six years to make as much money as Shaquille O'Neal and Kevin Garnett.
- Shaquille O'Neal never won three NBA scoring titles. Kevin Garnett never led his team to the NBA Finals nor finished the season as the league MVP. But there is one thing that both of them accomplished that Allen Iverson can never claim.
They both signed contracts that are still in effect prior to 1999.
And that one thing means that Iverson will have to wait another six years to make as much money as O'Neal and Garnett made two years ago.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Brooks: Durant could be scoring even more
- Harden scores 41, rallies Rockets for OT win
- Noah, Augustin lead Bulls over Heat in OT
- Meeks erupts for 42 as Lakers stun Thunder
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Philadelphia 76ers 3-Stripe Red Track Jacket
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index