Playing with Duncan a big benefit
Ginobili, Turkoglu and Mercer hope to be on the receiving end when Tim Duncan kicks the ball out of the double team.
Updated: September 22, 2003, 10:56 AM ETBy By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
San Antonio opens training camp in a week, and one of these three lucky contestants is in line to inherit the starting shooting guard position for the defending champs. As an added bonus, our winner will stand to benefit from countless open looks while defenders pay more attention to Tim Duncan.
Emanuel Ginobili: 7.6 points per game on 43 percent shooting.
Hedo Turkoglu: 6.7 points per game on 42 percent shooting.
Ron Mercer: 7.7 points per game on 40 percent shooting.
Here are the candidates to soon realize how nice it is to play major minutes with the two-time MVP, along with their accompanying stats from last season. Please hold your applause (and giggling) until all of the names have been read.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
- Paul: Sitting out possible if Sterling remains
- Cavs still out front in Love talks, sources say
- Harden's 'cornerstones' belief miffs Parsons
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth San Antonio Spurs Tim Duncan #21 Replica Revolution 30 Basketball Jersey