Penguins goalie earning praise
Marc-Andre Fleury is 2-0-1 and has the lowest goals-against average of the six goalies in Penguins' camp.
Updated: September 16, 2003, 12:19 PM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
Next to LeBron James, he's the second-most watched 18-year-old pro sportsman in the Rust Belt. There's one major exception with Marc-Andre Fleury, however. The Penguins goaltender isn't guaranteed to make millions this season, and he might not even get a contract this year. Minus the hype and the abundance of endorsements that have been pouring in for James, Fleury's performance at Penguins training camp has been watched almost as closely in Pittsburgh as James' every move has in Cleveland. At least Fleury's move to win an NHL job has been smoother than James' attempted pickup of Ashanti at the MTV Video Music Awards.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Custom Men's Pittsburgh Penguins White Away Premier Replica Jersey