Sharks avoid contract disputes
Sharks GM Doug Wilson held true on his vow to get all of the team's restricted free agents signed before camp.
Updated: September 10, 2003, 11:18 AM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
Rookie general manager Doug Wilson has already reached one of his goals for the season before the Sharks begin training camp Wednesday in San Jose. When Wilson took over as GM of the team in May, he vowed to get all of the team's restricted free agents signed before training camp began. The seemingly routine promise was significant because Wilson was taking over a team that had at least one contract dispute continue into each of the past three seasons.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Vanek helping authorities in federal probe
- Leafs hire analytics guru Dubas as asst. GM
- Rangers, Zuccarello avoid arbitration with deal
- Stars agree to four-year deal with Roussel
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's San Jose Sharks 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Hot Jacket