Sick feeling down in Clemson
Updated: September 3, 2003, 2:23 PM ETBy Gregg Doyel | Special to ESPN Insider
- OK, folks, this is just gross. You want to know why Clemson quarterback Charlie Whitehurst fumbled one of those snaps in the Tigers' 30-0 loss Saturday to Georgia? Center Tommy Sharpe had just vomited on the ball, then presented it between his legs to Whitehurst. Nice guy, right? It gets worse. After the series Sharpe went to the sideline and puked on coach Tommy Bowden's shoes. It gets no better for Bowden, whose job security is again being debated by Clemson fans, and frankly, the fans wanting Bowden to go are winning that debate. The facts are on their side.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- NCAA considering football early signing period
- NCAA, conferences sued over scholarships
- Gay ND tennis player: Support overwhelming
- BYU's Mahoney tosses no-hitter vs. Nicholls St.
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com