The NFL thinks he's young. The NCAA thinks he's trouble. Anyone care what Maurice Clarett thinks?
Updated: September 2, 2003, 10:58 AM ETBy Luke Cyphers | ESPN The Magazine
- In a just world, he'd be able to run the option. He says he's staying in school, yet his body language at times screams that he doesn't want to be there. Maurice Clarett doesn't know what his future holds. OSU? NFL? Canada? What he does know -- and he's found out the hard way -- is that right now he has no choice. Players can't leave college for the NFL for three years. That's the rule. And until Clarett, or someone like him, fights it, that's how it will stay.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com