Fresno still smarting after loss to Vols
Originally Published: September 2, 2003By Ed Graney | Special to ESPN Insider
Playing at Tennessee is one thing; playing at Tennessee without your starting quarterback is, well, usually disaster. Fresno State wasn't humiliated in a 24-6 loss on Saturday, but were overmatched at most spots. "We had 33 of our 66 players on the travel squad getting their first college football experience," said coach Pat Hill. "We played on our heels more than our toes. I'm not saying we didn't play hard, but we never did anything to ignite ourselves." Jeff Grady appeared nervous in replacing the injured Paul Pinegar (chest) at quarterback, completing 13-of-24 for 118 yards.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE INSIDER HEADLINES
- Longhorns 'shocked, upset' by resignation
- Hoosiers get $40M gift to fix up Assembly Hall
- Irish charming recruits with 'Pots of Gold'
- Laettner's jersey from 'The Shot' at auction
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Fresno State Bulldogs Cardinal Legend Football Practice Performance T-Shirt