LA may have trouble dividing shots
Shaquille O'Neal isn't going to reach his 18 shots per game even if his big toe is feeling fine and his back is strong.
Originally Published: August 13, 2003By By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
Let's say that Los Angeles Lakers center Shaquille O'Neal really has shed the 15 pounds that he and his trainer have been bragging about over the weekend. And that he really has gone from a body fat count of 20 percent last season to 15 percent now and dropping. And for the sake of argument, let's pretend that he is the one player in professional team sports that is worth $121 million over three seasons that, come October, he is eligible to receive from the Lakers in a contract extension.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Divide exists between Blatt, Cavs
- Cavs' James after loss: 'Not a very good team'
- Nowitzki keys Mavs' rally to put away Thunder
- Suns spoil Kobe's return for 6th straight win
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Vintage Dirk Delivers For Mavs
- Starting at center for an injured Tyson Chandler, Dirk Nowitzki dropped 30 on OKC as the Mavs held on.