Ricky Clemons and Quin Snyder were always an odd couple. Will they wind up going down together?
Updated: September 2, 2003, 12:59 PM ETBy Seth Wickersham | ESPN The Magazine
- They stood face to face, one man in a suit, the other in a sweat-soaked uniform. The player was breathing heavy, shaking, crying. Of all the times Quin Snyder had seen Ricky Clemons trying to escape, this was the worst. "I don't want to go out there," the player sobbed to his coach, as reporters and cameramen gathered outside the locker room. "Why do I have to go?"
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Griffin pours in 37 as Clips take 8th in row
- Embiid (back) could be out until mid-NCAAs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com