Jags, Ravens have decisions at quarterback
Updated: August 28, 2003, 11:47 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Two of the most interesting quarterback situations in the league are taking place in Jacksonville and Baltimore. Both team drafted highly touted passers in April and now both could possibly receive the starting nod, despite the fact that both teams harbor legitimate playoff aspirations. But only one of these teams should feel comfortable taking the leap into the unknown and letting a rookie attempt to guide them into the postseason. Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio has consistently said that he will field the best 22 players he has on the team, regardless of salary, status or history. But Del Rio has yet to say who his best quarterback is. And though he has recently denied rumors that Brunell was on the trading block, he hasn't exactly gone out of his way to sing the praises of the veteran signal-caller.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's Jacksonville Jaguars Breast Cancer Awareness 9Forty Adjustable Hat