Thomas firing signals new era in Indiana
Isiah Thomas' firing signals a new era in Indiana.
Updated: August 28, 2003, 8:57 AM ETBy Chad Ford | NBA Insider
Just a few days ago, several GMs and agents were wondering aloud about Larry Bird's new role with the Indiana Pacers. According to them, former team president Donnie Walsh was still taking calls, negotiating contracts and dealing with the team's summer business. If that wasn't enough evidence that Bird's hiring may have been more symbolic than substantive, here was the kicker. Isiah Thomas was still the head coach.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers' George: Ready to live up to pressure
- NBA putting its social media handle on ball
- Ginobili has stress fracture, to skip World Cup
- Sources: Love trade talks narrowed to Cavs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's Indiana Pacers Slouch Adjustable Navy Hat