Thomas firing signals new era in Indiana
Isiah Thomas' firing signals a new era in Indiana.
Updated: August 28, 2003, 8:57 AM ETBy Chad Ford | NBA Insider
Just a few days ago, several GMs and agents were wondering aloud about Larry Bird's new role with the Indiana Pacers. According to them, former team president Donnie Walsh was still taking calls, negotiating contracts and dealing with the team's summer business. If that wasn't enough evidence that Bird's hiring may have been more symbolic than substantive, here was the kicker. Isiah Thomas was still the head coach.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Pacers shake early deficit to turn down Heat
- Kobe leads Lakers with 20, but Suns hold on
- Williams returns, powers Nets past Celtics
- Clippers sign veteran F Jackson to contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's Indiana Pacers Navy Clean Up Adjustable Hat