Sox fans using Martinez as scapegoat
Pedro Martinez has spent the last five years of his life in the love/hate cauldron of Red Sox Nation.
Updated: August 25, 2003, 12:30 PM ETBy Jim Baker
There are two sides to playing for one of the most popular franchises in all of sport. On the positive end of things is that they have more money than most and will happily you give a nice slice of it if you are of a certain talent level. What is more, people will shout your name in the street, give you the thumbs up and ask you to buss their wee babies -- provided things are going well. Which brings us to the other side. When they're not going well, some people will take time out of their busy lives and light up the phones at sports talk radio stations to question your integrity, heritage and right to walk the face of the earth.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Rangers trade Soria to Tigers for prospects
- Cespedes has 2 HRs, 5 RBIs but hurts thumb
- Colon perfect into 7th; Mets hold on vs. M's
- Pence's 3-RBI double sends Giants past Phils
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Boston Red Sox Kick Off Tri-Blend Navy T-Shirt