Womack, Young eager to join race
Tony Womack is the latest testament to Dusty Baker's love affair with aging ballplayers.
Updated: August 20, 2003, 10:45 AM ETBy Jim Baker
Two contending teams grabbed players for their second base needs yesterday and while neither got a superstar in the deal, one of them got the somewhat superior product. The Cubs brought in Tony Womack from Colorado and the Giants, looking to fill the gap left by the injury to Ray Durham, did somewhat better by acquiring Eric Young from Milwaukee.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Agent: Lester didn't tell Sox contract terms
- Jeter passes Yaz for seventh on MLB hits list
- Marlins turn back Nats with 4-run rally in 9th
- Rangers' Darvish K's 8 in win over Yankees
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Men's Chicago Cubs 59Fifty Game Royal Authentic Hat