Panthers don't want to overwork Davis
Updated: August 19, 2003, 7:16 AM ETBy By Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - You go from one victory to seven wins in the NFL, and do it over the course of a single season, as the Carolina Panthers did in 2002, and that pretty much defines the term "quantum leap." But what coach John Fox will find in his second year of stewardship is that progress gets a little tougher now.
And that the gains come in increments and not in surges.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Home Game Jersey Carolina Panthers Cam Newton #1