Panthers don't want to overwork Davis
Updated: August 19, 2003, 7:16 AM ETBy By Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. - You go from one victory to seven wins in the NFL, and do it over the course of a single season, as the Carolina Panthers did in 2002, and that pretty much defines the term "quantum leap." But what coach John Fox will find in his second year of stewardship is that progress gets a little tougher now.
And that the gains come in increments and not in surges.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Shanahan mulls sitting RG III for rest of '13
- Gronk on IR; torn ACL, MCL, source says
- Peterson: No tears or Lisfranc injury to foot
- Cardinals' Mathieu out due to torn ACL, LCL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NFL Team Apparel Youth Carolina Panthers Team Print Black Jersey Pants