Schuerholz bracing for tough decisions
Regardless of the circumstances, John Schuerholz always constructs a roster of a championship-caliber team.
Updated: August 18, 2003, 11:24 AM ETBy Jim Baker
Two of the main men behind the 2003 Braves hitting onslaught will be free agents at the end of the season and, in spite of their desire to return to the club and the fact that the team could be reaping postseason financial rewards, there might not be enough money available to re-sign them. Gary Sheffield and Javy Lopez have combined for 63 home runs and 179 RBI and are the two Braves with OPS figures higher than 1.000. The trouble is Greg Maddux will also be a free agent, further complicating the picture.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Tigers get Price in 3-way deal with Rays, M's
- Red Sox trade Lester to A's for Cespedes
- Kershaw throws CG, extends win streak to 10
- Phillies' Lee reinjures elbow, returns to DL
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Majestic Men's Authentic Atlanta Braves Justin Upton #8 Navy/Red Cool Base Batting Practice Jersey