Seattle capable of winning division
Updated: August 13, 2003, 2:49 PM ETBy John Clayton | ESPN.com
The stage is set in the NFC West for at least two teams to claim playoff spots and possibly the first and fifth seeds. No division in football plays less 8-8 teams. Four of the five easiest schedules based on last year's records are played by NFC West teams.
If the Rams offense is back to its 500-point a season level under Kurt Warner, then the Rams might jump back to the 13-win plateau. The question is whether they can stay ahead of the 49ers and Seahawks. That's where the Seahawks are so intriguing.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
- Man faces charges for Modell grave urination
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- GameWear Seattle Seahawks Classic NFL Football Portfolio