Loss of Brown a huge blow to Packers
Updated: August 11, 2003, 12:11 PM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Gilbert Brown, a.k.a. the Grave Digger, may have had the first shovel full of dirt dropped onto his NFL career Saturday when he suffered a torn right biceps muscle in Saturday night's exhibition victory over the Atlanta Falcons. The 32-year-old defensive tackle will miss the rest of the season and though recovering from such an injury is common, given his age and his history of putting on weight, a year away from the game at this point in his career is cause for alarm.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Cards, CB Peterson agree to record $70M deal
- Sources: Gordon faults secondhand smoke
- Police: Cards' Abraham passed out at wheel
- Ryan on Jets' big boasts: 'It's who we are'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Rico Green Bay Packers Green Laser Tag License Plate