New York has a new Broadway Joe -- okay, Jeremy -- but the übertight end isn't the only one living as hard as he plays. Go deep down the middle with us as we cruise the glam -- and not so glam -- world of today's jocks.
Updated: September 7, 2003, 10:59 AM ETBy Tom Friend | ESPN The Magazine
- At 4 a.m., on the 51st floor of a swank Vegas hotel, a long-haired man is doing push-ups. One-handed push-ups with claps in the middle. It's 4 a.m., and the long-haired man is determined to sweat out the Coronas. Let's see. Four at the blackjack table. Three more with those chicks. That's seven. Screw it. He's always feeling guilty like this, always doing crunches in the dead of night in a Led Zeppelin T-shirt, always waking at dawn to cook egg whites, always trying to remember what got him here, to a 51st floor in Vegas.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Harvard snags 1st spot in NCAA tourney field
- Rockets turn on burners in 3rd, rout Pacers
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File New York Giants Lawrence Taylor Framed Photo
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com