Defense line must pressure quarterbacks
Updated: August 7, 2003, 3:41 PM ETBy John Clayton | ESPN.com
The Raiders schedule is a little easier than last season when they had few easy games and had to grind through an impossibly tough AFC West division schedule.
Last year, though, the Raiders learned a lot about themselves. They learned that egos can be put aside for the good of the team. Tim Brown caught a lot of passes but took a lesser role in the offense while Jerry Rice and Jerry Porter became Rich Gannon's favorite targets downfield. They learned that Bill Callahan was a coaching gem who learned from the coaches who hired him as an assistant.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: 49ers' Smith, Goodell to talk Aug. 8
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Romo unsure he'll play in preseason opener
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Oakland Raiders Conversion Long Sleeve Black Performance Shirt