So far, Mavs have made the right moves
Although a few minor moves are necessary, the Mavs don't need to change the core of their team to win big.
Updated: August 5, 2003, 3:27 PM ETBy By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
The Dallas Mavericks didn't win an NBA title last season. Odds are, they won't win the franchise's first title next season. But by not making any hasty moves this offseason, they may have given themselves the best chance to win that title in the very near future. Let's not forget that this is the same team that tied the San Antonio Spurs, the team that did win the title last season, for the best record in the entire league at 60-22. That was a year after the Mavericks went 57-25 after going 53-29 the year before that and 40-42 the year before that.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Jordan rules: 'Cool' with No. 23 for LeBron
- Scott not wasting time: Lakers must play D
- Noah: Bulls can defeat 'big obstacle' LeBron
- Love out for Team USA amid uncertain status
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Youth Los Angeles Lakers Kobe Bryant #24 Game Time Black T-Shirt