So far, Mavs have made the right moves
Although a few minor moves are necessary, the Mavs don't need to change the core of their team to win big.
Updated: August 5, 2003, 3:27 PM ETBy By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
The Dallas Mavericks didn't win an NBA title last season. Odds are, they won't win the franchise's first title next season. But by not making any hasty moves this offseason, they may have given themselves the best chance to win that title in the very near future. Let's not forget that this is the same team that tied the San Antonio Spurs, the team that did win the title last season, for the best record in the entire league at 60-22. That was a year after the Mavericks went 57-25 after going 53-29 the year before that and 40-42 the year before that.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Sources: Lakers offer coaching job to Scott
- Melo: It was 'always Chicago or New York'
- 'Fortunate' Lakers introduce forward Boozer
- Cavs ink Wiggins; can't trade him for 30 days
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- adidas Men's L.A. Lakers Steve Nash Replica Revolution 30 Gold Basketball Jersey