St. Louis might part with Demitra
Updated: August 5, 2003, 11:21 AM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
An arbitrator's award of $6.5 million in salary to Pavol Demitra on Monday wasn't as surprising as the action by the St. Louis Blues. By not immediately accepting the second-highest arbitration amount in NHL history, the Blues' hesitation showed what a problem the figure would have on the team's already shaky budget.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's St. Louis Blues 2013 Center Ice Collection Quarter-Zip Hot Jacket