St. Louis might part with Demitra
Updated: August 5, 2003, 11:21 AM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
An arbitrator's award of $6.5 million in salary to Pavol Demitra on Monday wasn't as surprising as the action by the St. Louis Blues. By not immediately accepting the second-highest arbitration amount in NHL history, the Blues' hesitation showed what a problem the figure would have on the team's already shaky budget.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'keep rolling,' outlast NHL-best Blues
- Stars' Peverley undergoing tests on heart
- Fleury blanks Capitals as Penguins sweep
- NHL GMs to recommend changes for faceoffs
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- G-III Men's St. Louis Blues Double Play Blue Pull-Over Jacket