Lack of arm strength could foil Jets plans
Updated: August 4, 2003, 11:40 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
When Chad Pennington took over for Vinny Testaverde last year, the New York Jets became one of the most efficient offenses in the league. But this year, coach Herman Edwards was hoping to reshape his offense into a more explosive unit. His plan was to attack defenses with a more vertical passing game, but the one glitch in his plan is that Pennington, while having one of the most accurate arms in the NFL, also has one of the weakest.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Jets make it official, tab QB Smith as starter
- Panthers' Newton bruises back; X-rays OK
- Lions' Suh drills QB with head, flagged again
- Browns coach: Two-QB system 'on the table'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Women's Home Game Jersey New York Jets Mark Sanchez #6