Vacation? What vacation? Michelle Wie's spending the summer trying to figure out life's tricky bounces.
Updated: August 5, 2003, 3:05 PM ETBy Eric Adelson | ESPN The Magazine
- Welcome to your first year of high school, Ms. Wie. I'll be your homeroom teacher. Please take a seat. How was your summer? Actually, no need to answer. I read about your summer in the papers, as did everyone here. We know you played with Annika in the final round of the Nabisco. We know you're the youngest person ever to win the U.S. Women's Amateur Public Links Championship, and the youngest ever to make the cut at the U.S. Women's Open. And yes, we know you were eliminated in the third round of the U.S. Girls' Junior Championship. But hey, when's the last time Tiger won a major? Besides, you have five more chances to win that one, right? You have every reason to be very proud of your accomplishments.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- In progress: Tiger, others try to tame Doral
- Sources: Lakers not ready to fire D'Antoni
- Reports: Saints to release Sproles if no trade
- Source: Jackson 'ready to go back to work'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com