Chiefs need No. 1 wideout to emerge
Updated: August 1, 2003, 11:00 AM ETBy By Ryan Early | NFL Insider
A prolific offense was cancelled out by the worst defense in the league, resulting in an 8-8 2002 record. Coach Dick Vermeil's previous two teams had sudden success year three of his tenure. Guess how long he's been with the Chiefs? Even with running back Priest Holmes looking like his old self in the early days of training camp, the offense needs better production from their wide receivers this year. They could make the playoffs with just modest improvement on defense, but the roster is conspicuously void of depth so a series of injuries could leave the Chiefs as just also-rans in 2003.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Little Earth Kansas City Chiefs Clear String Bag