Titans hope Carter and Kearse hold up
Updated: July 29, 2003, 10:30 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
When the Tennessee Titans traded for Kevin Carter, they envisioned him teaming up with Jevon Kearse to terrorize quarterbacks, but so far they haven't been a productive duo, thanks mostly to injuries. In 2001, Carter injured his groin in camp and never fully recovered. He notched a career-low two sacks, and his counterpart Kearse recorded 10 quarterback stops. Things were supposed to be better last year, after Carter worked on his flexibility, but Kearse was injured in the opening minutes of the Titans first game. Carter did improve greatly and had 10 sacks, but Kearse played in only a handful of games and had a career-low two.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Source: Colts RB Ballard suffers torn Achilles
- Veteran Nicks, Bucs 'mutually agree' to part
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- FANMATS Tennessee Titans Football Mat