Bears' D has plenty of holes
The Bears point to an inordinate number of injuries that decimated the roster, and playing home games two hours south of Chicago while Soldier Field was being renovated as the main causes for their slump. But it could be that the 2001 playoff season was the aberration.
If the Bears are going to get back to the playoffs, they'll have to get consistent play out of new starting quarterback Kordell Stewart, fix the problems along their offensive line, and return their defense to a spot among the league's best.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Sources: Seahawks' Lynch to end holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Zimmer hire energized 'unhappy' Peterson
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- The Highland Mint Chicago Bears Framed Memories Photo Mint