Bears' D has plenty of holes
The Bears point to an inordinate number of injuries that decimated the roster, and playing home games two hours south of Chicago while Soldier Field was being renovated as the main causes for their slump. But it could be that the 2001 playoff season was the aberration.
If the Bears are going to get back to the playoffs, they'll have to get consistent play out of new starting quarterback Kordell Stewart, fix the problems along their offensive line, and return their defense to a spot among the league's best.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Source: Packers sign Nelson to $39M extension
- Manziel admits to offseason 'rookie mistakes'
- Seahawks' Carroll: Wish Lynch was with us
- Colts RB Ballard tears Achilles, out for year
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Youth Jay Cutler Jersey - Alternate Game Chicago Bears