Walker, Ferguson hoping to be second receiver
The highest profile position battle in Packers' camp is to see who will play opposite Donald Driver.
Updated: July 25, 2003, 12:43 PM ETBy By Ryan Early | NFL Insider
The Packers enter the season looking to see that their offensive line is healthy and their linebacking corps has been improved. Green Bay was the second-worst team in the league against the run last season and has made the unusual move of going to smaller, speedier linebackers. Hardy Nickerson and Nate Wayne were let go and will be replaced by rookie Nick Barnett and free agent Hannibal Navies. If Barnett proves in the preseason that he's not big enough to hold down the middle, he'll swap spots with weakside backer Na'ill Diggs.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Players: Provide NFL deal details
- Wishful thinking? Cowboys send playoff tickets
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fathead Greg Jennings Wall Graphic