Running game must help Pennington
Updated: July 25, 2003, 2:33 PM ETBy By Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- For all the deserved attention that will accompany quarterback Chad Pennington's second season as a starter, for all the focus he will draw after leading the NFL in passing in 2002, there is one sobering thought.
What does the young quarterback, after an incredible breakthrough season, do for an encore? What, really, is the next step? How can the guy possibly be any better than in '02, when he posted a 104.2 passer rating, and completed 68.9 percent of his throws?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Dolphins trade Martin to 49ers for draft pick
- Jags send former 1st-rounder Gabbert to SF
- Cowboys cut Pro-Bowler Ware; Broncos next?
- Sources: Talib gets $57M deal from Broncos
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey New York Jets Santonio Holmes #10 - Extended Sizes