Running game must help Pennington
Updated: July 25, 2003, 2:33 PM ETBy By Len Pasquarelli | ESPN.com
HEMPSTEAD, N.Y. -- For all the deserved attention that will accompany quarterback Chad Pennington's second season as a starter, for all the focus he will draw after leading the NFL in passing in 2002, there is one sobering thought.
What does the young quarterback, after an incredible breakthrough season, do for an encore? What, really, is the next step? How can the guy possibly be any better than in '02, when he posted a 104.2 passer rating, and completed 68.9 percent of his throws?
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Peterson just 'having fun' with Sherman feud
- NFL on Gordon: Culpable for what's in body
- Ravens' Harbaugh: Proud of Rice's response
- Cowboys sign OT Smith to $110M contract
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Game Jersey New York Jets Santonio Holmes #10 - Extended Sizes