Should Boselli be bound for Canton?
Updated: July 21, 2003, 2:20 PM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
When the Houston Texans selected left tackle Tony Boselli with the No. 1 overall pick in last year's expansion draft, general manager Charley Casserly proclaimed, "We have our first Hall of Famer, and we haven't even played a game yet." And though the Texans did go onto play 16 games last year, none of them featured Boselli, who sat out the season recovering from shoulder surgery. Unfortunately, the year off didn't accelerate the healing process and Boselli formally announced his retirement Thursday.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Seahawks' Lynch at camp after ending holdout
- Rice: 'I made the biggest mistake of my life'
- Manziel on NFL learning curve: It'll take time
- Trump advances in bidding to purchase Bills
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Northwest Houston Texans HFA Blanket