Should Boselli be bound for Canton?
Updated: July 21, 2003, 2:20 PM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
When the Houston Texans selected left tackle Tony Boselli with the No. 1 overall pick in last year's expansion draft, general manager Charley Casserly proclaimed, "We have our first Hall of Famer, and we haven't even played a game yet." And though the Texans did go onto play 16 games last year, none of them featured Boselli, who sat out the season recovering from shoulder surgery. Unfortunately, the year off didn't accelerate the healing process and Boselli formally announced his retirement Thursday.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Pettine eyes 3rd preseason game to name QB
- Giants haul in hero Tyree to develop players
- Hernandez lawyer: Pats records issue resolved
- Broncos' Ward assault hearing pushed back
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Houston Texans Navy Tone Polo