Cubs can compete, but not at status quo
Updated: July 17, 2003, 8:16 AM ETBy Jim Baker
Due to the fortunes of geography, the Cubs -- the team with the 11th-best record in the National League -- can still realistically consider themselves a viable contender for the National League Central title. What has to happen for them to win the division?
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Mets pitching coach apologizes for Asian slur
- Brewers' Garza confident despite 19.06 ERA
- Tulowitzki hit by pitch on leg, is day to day
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Authentic Street Signs Chicago Cubs 'Man Cave' Street Sign