Heat, Wolves finally get into the action
The Heat are reportedly ready to sign restricted free agent Elton Brand to a six-year, $82 million offer sheet.
Updated: July 16, 2003, 1:01 PM ETBy Chad Ford | NBA Insider
BOSTON -- Finally. After two grueling weeks of visits, rumors, defections and betrayals, free agents can consummate deals with NBA teams. The Lakers got the ball rolling at 12:01 a.m. ET when they signed Gary Payton (2 years, $10.4 mil) and Karl Malone (2 years, $3.2 mil).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Gasol, Griz overcome Spurs in 3OT thriller
- Sources: Celtics, Mavs talking Rondo trade
- Hawks send Cavaliers to 'embarrassing' loss
- Harden plays spoiler in overtime at Denver
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Starring Woes
- Former running mates LeBron James and Dwyane Wade shared in frustration Wednesday with their teams' plights.