Lakers get stronger; can rest of West keep up?
The first three dominoes have fallen, and Jason Kidd appears to be leaning. Insider has the full free-agent roundup.
Updated: July 16, 2003, 9:55 AM ETBy Chad Ford | NBA Insider
- Also see: Rumors: A Kidd for Parker swap? How good is LeBron James? Consider that on a night when one of the biggest free-agent decisions in recent history went down -- Gary Payton (and soon Karl Malone) to the Lakers -- it was an 18-year-old rookie making his summer league debut that stole the headlines.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Cavs honor 'Big Z' as LeBron makes cameo
- Rodman: No return to North Korea if desired
- Clips extend streak to 7 behind Griffin, Paul
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- NBA Home
- Boston Celtics
- Brooklyn Nets
- New York Knicks
- Philadelphia 76ers
- Toronto Raptors
- Chicago Bulls
- Cleveland Cavaliers
- Detroit Pistons
- Indiana Pacers
- Milwaukee Bucks
- Atlanta Hawks
- Charlotte Bobcats
- Miami Heat
- Orlando Magic
- Washington Wizards
- Heat Index
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com