A Big Fat Greek Mess
The Games were born in Greece. The replay could be a lot more painful.
Updated: July 22, 2003, 12:18 PM ETBy Peter Keating | ESPN The Magazine
- "We hope you do not find any more bombs that stop work." Clovis Lodewijks, International Softball official, to Greek army personnel at a new Olympic site. Oh, those Europeans, with their sophisticated humor!
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Florida routs Kentucky to finish 18-0 in SEC
- Tiger surges up Doral leaderboard with 66
- Source: Phil considers Knicks front-office job
- Ducks down No. 3 Arizona to win 7th straight
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com