Canucks boss antes up for run at Cup
Updated: June 26, 2003, 11:22 AM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
Canucks general manager Brian Burke has a talented, young team, full houses for home games and now he's getting a significant boost in payroll. Together the combination figures to put Vancouver closer to contending for the Stanley Cup next season. At a time when most NHL teams are cutting or freezing payroll, Burke has been given approval from Canucks owner John McCaw to budget between $40 million and $45 million on player salaries, according to the Vancouver Sun.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Wings' Howard hurts knee; Zetterberg to IR
- Sens' Cowen docked 2 games for blow to head
- Lightning's Panik is suspended for 2 games
- Blackhawks chase Emery, rough up Flyers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Vancouver Canucks Edge Blue Jersey Shirt