George has had plenty of support, luck
Updated: June 25, 2003, 10:01 AM ETBy Jim Baker
Who is the current holder of baseball's exalted Lou Gehrig Luckiest Man on the Face of the Earth Award? I'd have to go with Chris George of the Kansas City Royals. Tuesday night is a perfect example of why he qualifies for this mythical trophy. He retired a grand total of 17 Cleveland batters of whom he only struck out three, gave up 10 baserunners and still managed to come away with the victory.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE MLB HEADLINES
- Braves add Ervin Santana to bolster rotation
- Hamels: Arm 'really good' after pen session
- O's Wieters out several days with ankle sprain
- Braun signs first post-ban endorsement deal
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Kansas City Royals Slidepiece Tri-Blend Charcoal T-Shirt