What's next for the Spurs, Nets?
Updated: June 16, 2003, 10:22 AM ETBy Chad Ford | NBA Insider
For those of you who are just relieved that this year's NBA champions aren't wearing purple and gold, I have some good news and some bad news for you. The good news? Get used to it. The Lakers no longer have the ring, the best player on the planet or a monopoly on all of that "peat" crap. Tim Duncan's dominating performance in the playoffs, capped by a near quadruple-double in Game 6, means that the Spurs are going to keep rolling as long as Duncan does.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kings owner: Coach must be 'jazz director'
- Bucks' Parker lost for season to torn ACL
- Warriors' streak ends at 16 as Griz too much
- Westbrook, KD fuel OKC's 7th straight victory
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Warriors' Run Ends At 16
- In a battle of the NBA's best, Memphis put an end to Golden State's franchise-best win streak.