Gruden and McKay not on same page
Updated: June 12, 2003, 9:48 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
The fact that Tampa Bay coach Jon Gruden and general manager Rich McKay don't see eye-to-eye on personnel matters is a matter of public record, thanks in large part to Gruden, who made critical comments regarding McKay to coaches and front-office personnel at the NFL owners meetings in Phoenix. Gruden complained that McKay is too wrapped up in his duties with the NFL's competition committee, blamed him for the team's recent contract dispute with quarterback Brad Johnson, and the struggle to sign left tackle Roman Oben, and finally whined about the team's salary cap situation, which falls under McKay's list of responsibilities.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Source: Gordon hires former Sherman rep
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Antigua Men's Tampa Bay Buccaneers Red Succeed Quarter-Zip Jacket