Healthy Taylor primed for monster season
Updated: June 10, 2003, 11:45 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Last spring, Fred Taylor and his former coach Tom Coughlin said the possibilities were endless if the running back could finally stay healthy for a full season. The pair even waxed rhapsodic about the possibility of cracking the seldom-passed 2,000-yard barrier. Taylor did stay healthy for a full 16-game slate, but he came up somewhat short of his goal. Not that 1,314 yards is an insufficient total, but given the lofty expectations it was a little disappointing. But this year, Taylor is making similar rumblings, only a new coach, Jack Del Rio, is preaching the Taylor gospel.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Rangers take Seahawks QB Wilson in draft
- Bears to start Cutler at QB against Browns
- Megatron to show Elam 'old man's strength'
- Redskins: RG III still starter entering 2014
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Photo File Jacksonville Jaguars Team Logo Framed Photo