Healthy Taylor primed for monster season
Updated: June 10, 2003, 11:45 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Last spring, Fred Taylor and his former coach Tom Coughlin said the possibilities were endless if the running back could finally stay healthy for a full season. The pair even waxed rhapsodic about the possibility of cracking the seldom-passed 2,000-yard barrier. Taylor did stay healthy for a full 16-game slate, but he came up somewhat short of his goal. Not that 1,314 yards is an insufficient total, but given the lofty expectations it was a little disappointing. But this year, Taylor is making similar rumblings, only a new coach, Jack Del Rio, is preaching the Taylor gospel.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- NFL suspends Ravens RB Rice for 2 games
- Suspended WR Blackmon arrested for pot
- RG III: Good having coaches 'believe in you'
- Source: Gordon to appeal suspension Aug. 1
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- New Era Women's Jacksonville Jaguars Breast Cancer Awareness 9Forty Adjustable Hat