Healthy Taylor primed for monster season
Updated: June 10, 2003, 11:45 AM ETBy By Darrell Trimble | NFL Insider
Last spring, Fred Taylor and his former coach Tom Coughlin said the possibilities were endless if the running back could finally stay healthy for a full season. The pair even waxed rhapsodic about the possibility of cracking the seldom-passed 2,000-yard barrier. Taylor did stay healthy for a full 16-game slate, but he came up somewhat short of his goal. Not that 1,314 yards is an insufficient total, but given the lofty expectations it was a little disappointing. But this year, Taylor is making similar rumblings, only a new coach, Jack Del Rio, is preaching the Taylor gospel.
MORE NFL HEADLINES
- Lions table talks with Suh until after season
- NFL VP defends length of Rice suspension
- Peterson: Vikes' offense no longer 'predictable'
- Patriots claim injured RB Gaffney on waivers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Nike Men's Home Limited Jersey Jacksonville Jaguars Maurice Jones-Drew #32