No questioning Ducks' captain now
Updated: June 9, 2003, 12:07 PM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
Through all the questions about his lack of scoring through five games of the Stanley Cup Finals, Mighty Ducks captain Paul Kariya politely answered that he was playing within the system and that his time would come. He didn't try to dodge criticism, accepting it with the territory that comes with the $10 million he made this season. Being the target of shots by the media is nothing compared with having a bullseye on your chest with Devils defenseman Scott Stevens lining you up at the blue line. Kariya has survived both and now has a chance to earn a place among hockey's greatest playoff stories.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Ducks beat Kings after tying goal waived off
- Iginla's 2 goals give Bruins 8th straight win
- Bishop gets 31st win to set Lightning record
- Canadiens storm back to down Sens in OT
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Reebok Men's Anaheim Ducks Ryan Getzlaf #15 Home Black Premier Jersey