They tried to hold Darko Milicic down in Europe. It didn't work there -- and it's not going to work here.
Updated: June 9, 2003, 2:30 PM ETBy By Brett Forrest
- Darko Milicic walks out of the locker room and into the light for a shootaround. "Walk" is a less precise description than his entrance deserves. Milicic is a museum piece. He's seven feet. His hair is a twisted shade of faded orange, resembling not at all the pedestrian brown seen in the few available photos. His biceps incorporate a sinuous sine curve of visibly rigid flesh. When he shakes your hand, he consumes a good measure of your body mass. Milicic will likely be the second player selected in the upcoming NBA draft. He is Serbian and still only 17 years old. But the vital statistic, of course, is where his head stops.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- South Carolina coach Martin sorry for outburst
- Noah declines to talk about Carmelo 'gossip'
- Tiger sits 6 back after 'tough' day at Doral
- Duke's Parker hasn't decided on NBA draft
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com