Prep All-Stars Chris Paul and Shannon Brown say goodbye to child's play.
Updated: May 27, 2003, 11:49 AM ETBy Chris Palmer
- A group of 20 wide-eyed high school seniors horse around as they wait on line outside the Capitol. Michigan State signee Shannon Brown pulls out his ID from Proviso East High School in the Chicago suburbs. "Let me see that," says his friend and roomie for the outing, Chris Paul, a Wake Forest recruit out of Clemmons, N.C. "You won't get through security with that mug." LeBron James, wearing a Blazers cap, puts his arms around the two as he offers up his own ID. "Wait a minute," he says. "This isn't me." After a quick tour of the Rotunda ("I think I'll get me one of those chandeliers," LeBron jokes, before reconsidering. "Nah, might block the TV."), the young stars are outside again waiting for their bus. Shannon two-ways a new pal, Bulls guard Jamal Crawford, as LeBron tries to click the shutter on a camera slung over a photographer's shoulder.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Stars' Peverley collapses, game postponed
- Sources: If no trade, Bucs likely to cut Revis
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Staying in the nest: Seahawks retain Bennett
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
ESPN.com: Help | Press | Advertise on ESPN.com | Sales Media Kit | Interest-Based Ads | Corrections | Contact Us | Site Map | Jobs at ESPN | Go.com