Spurs point guard raising stature
Updated: May 26, 2003, 10:56 AM ETBy By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
Tony Parker sounds about as much French as Mike Bibby until he actually begins speaking, trying to explain for the umpteenth time how he could, simultaneoulsy, be the San Antonio Spurs second leading scorer and be removed from last night's game after only 2:47 had passed in the first quarter not because he missed a shot near the top of the key, but because he took it in the first place. "I was mad," Parker said of his coach Greg Popovich in the San Antonio Express News. "At least when he yells at you, you know what he's mad about. But sometimes he does some stuff weird, and you just have to come back strong. That's what he wants to see. Be strong ... You know Pop. He always screams at me."
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Judge rules for S. Sterling in sale of Clippers
- Sources: Clips star Griffin has back fracture
- Bulls' Rose: Confidence 'through the roof'
- NBPA taps 1st big league female union chief
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- San Antonio Spurs Tony Parker Figure