Roy Williams has inside track for No. 1 in '04
Texas WR Roy Williams has the inside track to be the No. 1 pick in the 2004 draft.
- YOU'VE GOT MEL | Kiper MailbagQ: Who's your No. 1 pick for next year's draft: Eli Manning or Roy Williams?Roy Williams
KIPER -- I think Roy Williams is. He's 6-4, 215 pounds and a great athletic receiver. The only drawback is his health. He needs to stay healthy next season. He's going into a great situation at Texas in 2003 with two very good QBs in Chance Mauck and Vincent Young.
The '03 Longhorns look great, with WR B.J. Johnson lining up opposite Williams, Cedric Benson rushing and either one of those QBs starting. That's a great offensive group, and I think it helps Williams enter the season as the best player in the country.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
ESPN TOP HEADLINES
- Jets release Holmes, create more cap space
- Sources: Seahawks favorites to land Bennett
- Self 'confident' Embiid will play despite back
- Source: Steelers will release OLB Woodley
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM