Senators look to recharge power play
Updated: May 21, 2003, 10:36 AM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
It took 21 tries before Ottawa finally netted a power-play goal against New Jersey, and the Senators will have to repeat that brief success tonight in Game 6 if they are to push the Eastern Conference finals to the limit. Rookie Jason Spezza scored with the man advantage for the final goal in Ottawa's 3-1 must-win Game 5 victory at Ottawa. The Senators are 1-for-22 in the series and 11-for-76 (14.5 percent) in the playoffs, far off their second-ranked pace of the regular season (21.2 percent).
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Malkin scores in return as Pens top Jackets
- Senators' Spezza scores SO winner vs. Flyers
- Pens' Neal banned five for intentional knee
- Penguins place Orpik on IR with concussion
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Old Time Hockey Men's New Jersey Devils Mitch Red T-Shirt