Detroit winning with unorthodox methods
Updated: May 19, 2003, 11:48 AM ETBy By Terry Brown | NBA Insider
The Detroit Pistons traded away their leading scorer from a season ago and still won more games than any other team in the Eastern Conference this year. They lost three of their first four games with the Orlando Magic in the first round of the playoffs and still advanced to the semifinals. They lost two games in Philadelphia by a total of 23 points and their point guard to a busted ankle and, well, they're still here in the playoffs after losing last night's contest to the New Jersey Nets in the first game of the Eastern Conference Finals.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NBA HEADLINES
- Kobe: Debut not really as 'bad as I thought'
- Cousins powers Kings to win over Mavericks
- Kings get 'proven scorer' Gay from Raptors
- Griffin leads short-handed Clips by Sixers
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Fan Mats Detroit Pistons Court Runner