Senators need a spark
Updated: May 16, 2003, 12:33 PM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
Next to the NHL replay officials working Game 3 between New Jersey and Ottawa, the most embarrassed group in the Devils' 1-0 victory Thursday night had to be the Presidents' Trophy-winning Senators. Fortunately Jay Pandolfo's goal that wasn't seen by anybody on the ice and wasn't caught in time by replay officials before the puck was dropped didn't become a factor in the outcome of the game. New Jersey's tight-checking defense made sure of that by preventing Ottawa's once-potent offense from becoming a factor in the game.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Stars 'happy' Peverley able to visit practice
- GM: Tortorella talk 'rumor and speculation'
- Capitals bring back Orlov for two years, $4M
- Backlund, Flames bombard struggling Ducks
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- '47 Brand Men's New Jersey Devils Striker Red Crew Sweatshirt