Wild running out of magic
Updated: May 15, 2003, 12:22 PM ETBy By Jim Wilkie | NHL Insider
After three games of the Western Conference finals, we know the Wild have run out of goals and they've more than likely run out of miracles. Anaheim shut out Minnesota for the third consecutive game with a 4-0 victory Wednesday night that gave the Mighty Ducks a 3-0 lead in the best-of-7 Western Conference finals. The Wild became the first team to overcome 3-1 deficits twice in one playoff season, against Colorado and Vancouver. But the chances of four wins in a row against Anaheim's stifling defense and goalie Jean-Sebastien Giguere appear as remote as an Emilio Estevez comeback.
To continue reading this article you must be an Insider
We see that you are not an ESPN Insider. Upgrade today and gain access to our exclusive coverage.
MORE NHL HEADLINES
- Peverley gets standing ovation at Stars game
- Penguins' Neal diagnosed with concussion
- Backstrom to get silver medal despite drug test
- Lundqvist ties Richter for Rangers' win record
MOST SENT STORIES ON ESPN.COM
- Zephyr Men's Anaheim Ducks Viper Orange/Black Adjustable Hat